Annunciata School Scholarship
Annunciata School believes that all children should have an opportunity to receive a quality education at Annunciata School and that money should not be the reason a family does not register. Financial Aid is available. Please complete an application using the FACTS Grant and Aid assessment using FACTS school ID 21059.
Big Shoulders Fund Access 2020 Enroll Scholarship
The Access 2020 Enroll Scholarship is a renewable three-year scholarship for new students. The qualified student must have been enrolled in a non-Catholic school for 2019-2020 school year and the family must be at or below 300% of the Federal Poverty Level. Families for one student enrolling are eligible for a $1,500 Access 2020 Enroll Scholarship, with a family commitment of $1,500. Application for the scholarship is available through the school office. Application is set to close on August 12th.
Empower Illinois & Big Shoulders Tax Credit Scholarships
Please click on the link below for a video message from Cardinal Cupich
Tax Credit Scholarships
Through the Invest in Kids Act, the State of Illinois has created a new way to fund scholarships for children from low-income households who want to attend private schools. The Tax Credit Scholarships (TCS) offered through this program could cover up to 100 percent of tuition and fees for eligible students in grades K-8. Annunciata School is an eligible private school. Empower Illinois and Big Shoulders are both Scholarship Granting Organizations (SGO). Families apply directly to SGOs to obtain a TCS.
Applications will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis, through Empower Illinois. Empower Illinois is reopening its Tax Credit Scholarship applications on January 13, 2021 at 6:30 p.m. This will be a two-step process. The first step will be to complete a brief online form with your name and contact information, your child’s name and preferred school on Tuesday, January 13th at 6:30 p.m. You will then click Submit at 7:00 p.m. This will time stamp your application and reserve your place in line. After reserving your place in line, families will be emailed a unique link to complete the formal application. Beginning Friday, January 15th, families will receive an email to access Part Two in their empowerXchange portal. Part two is when you will upload household and income documents, and complete the full application. After receiving the application email, families will have about a week to complete the application and submit all required documents. Families will be able to complete the application at their own pace, and Empower Illinois will have support available through their website and phone help line.
Visit www.empowerillinois.org to apply. Download the following documents to learn more about the two-step process:
- About-Tax-Credit-Scholarship-Program 2021-2022
- Student_Portal_Login_Instructions 2021-2022
- SPANISH About_Tax_Credit_Scholarship_Program 2021-2022
- SPANISH Student_Portal_Login_Instructions 2021-2022
- Student Portal Login PART TWO Instructions
The Big Shoulders TCS application will open for families on Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 8:00 am. You will receive Priority on your application if any of these applies to your student:
- Your student was awarded a tax credit scholarship for the 2020/21 school year;
- Your student is a sibling of a student who was awarded a tax credit scholarship for the 2020/21 school year;
- Your household income is below 185% of the federal poverty level, or
- You live in a focus school district (i.e. all those who live in Chicago are in the focus school district equal to City of Chicago SD 299)
Please note: The need is high, and many families will qualify within one of these priority groups. Therefore, your date-time stamp is still the most important factor for your application. We recommend that all families submit step-one of the tax credit scholarship application right away at 8am on application day for the best chance for a scholarship. All scholarships are subject to the availability of donor funds.
You will need to have on hand:
- Proof of household income
- 1040s for all members of the household OR
- Verified statement from the Big Shoulders website signed by the parent/guardian that tax returns were not filed
- Proof of address
- State Issued ID or Driver's License,
- Lease, OR
- Utility Bill
Please refer to the documents below to guide you through the Big Shoulders application and go to www.bigshouldersfundsgo.org/apply/ to apply.
- BSF TCS Application Day Cheat Sheet 2021
- BSF TCS Application Video Walk-Through 2021 - English
- BSF TCS Application Video Walk-Through 2021 - Spanish
- BSF TCS Application Walk-Through Guide 2021 - English
- BSF TCS Application Walk-Through Guide 2021 - Spanish
- BSF Sworn Statement - Did not file form 1040 - 2021 - English
- BSF Sworn Statement - Did not file form 1040 - 2021- Spanish